LIVE, from London’s Guildhall, the results are in for THE WORLD’S 50 BEST RESTAURANTS 2015.
At the much anticipated World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards Ceremony for 2015, held this evening at the historic Guildhall in the City of London the Top 3 are :
No 1 El Celler de Can Roca, Girona Spain, was confirmed as the World’s No 1 Restaurant for 2015!
The Roca Boys are Back!!!!!!!!!!
With the newly announced World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards 2015 The Roca Brothers return to Nº1 !!!
2nd and 3rd place go to:
Number 2: Massimo Bottura climbs to Nº2 with Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy from last years Number 3!!!!
Number 3: NOMA falls to 3rd from last years Nº 1 !!!!!!
But, the Roca Brothers are not the only Spanish restaurant to feature among the World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2015.
Spain is also represented, in the prestigious Top 50 list, by a number of world famous restaurants and HOT OFF THE World’s 50 Best Restaurants press here are the Spanish movers and shakers in The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2015 LIST:
- nº 6 Mugaritz – Errenteria, Gipuzkoa – stays firm at nº 6 and now celebrates 10 consecutive years in the Top 10 – since first entering the list (and Top 10) in 2006!
- nº 13 Asador Etxebarri – Atxondo – HIGHEST CLIMBER! from nº 34 in 2014
- nº 17 Arzak – San Sebastián – falls from nº 8 in 2014 !!
- nº 19 Azurmendi – Larrabetzu – climbs from nº 26 in 2014
- nº 39 Quique Dacosta – Dénia – climbs from nº 41 in 2014
- nº 42 Tickets – Barcelona – climbs from nº 57 in 2014
Albert Adrià was also awarded with Best Pastry Chef 2015, taking the crown from last year’s Jordi Roca. Keeping it in Catalonia :-)
Here is the NEW COMPLETE LIST of the World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2015:
- 1. El Celler de Can Roca, Girona (Spain) – World’s Best Restaurant and Best Restaurant in Europe
- 2. Osteria Francescana, Modena (Italy)
- 3. Noma, Copenhagen (Denmark)
- 4. Central, Lima (Peru) – Best Restaurant in South America, sponsored by Acqua Panna
- 5. Eleven Madison Park, New York (USA) – Best Restaurant in North America, sponsored by Acqua Panna
- 6. Mugaritz, San Sebastian (Spain)
- 7. Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, London (UK)
- 8. Narisawa, Tokyo (Japan) – Best Restaurant in Asia, sponsored by Acqua Panna
- 9. D.O.M. , Sao Paulo (Brazil)
- 10. Gaggan, Bangkok (Thailand)
- 11. Mirazur, Menton (France)
- 12. Arpège, Paris (France)
- 13. Asador Etxebarri, Atxondo (Spain) – HIGHEST CLIMBER
- 14. Astrid Y Gastón, Lima (Peru)
- 15. Steirereck, Vienna (Austria)
- 16. Pujol, Mexico City (Mexico)
- 17. Arzak, San Sebastian (Spain)
- 18. Le Bernardin, New York (USA)
- 19. Azurmendi, Larrabetzu (Spain)
- 20. The Ledbury, London (UK)
- 21. Le Chateaubriand, Paris (France)
- 22. Nahm, Bangkok (Thailand)
- 23. White Rabbit, Moscow (Russia) – HIGHEST NEW ENTRY
- 24. Ultraviolet, Shanghai (China) – NEW ENTRY
- 25. Fäviken, Järpen (Sweden)
- 26. Alinea, Chicago (USA)
- 27. Piazza Duomo, Alba (Italy)
- 28. The Test Kitchen, Cape Town (South Africa) – Best Restaurant in Africa, sponsored by Acqua Panna
- 29. Nihonryori RyuGin, Tokyo (Japan)
- 30. Vendôme, Bergisch Gladbach (Germany)
- 31. Restaurant Frantzén, Stockholm (Sweden)
- 32. Attica, Melbourne (Australia) – Best Restaurant in Australasia, sponsored by Acqua Panna
- 33. Aqua, Wolfsburg (Germany)
- 34. Le Calandre, Rubano (Italy)
- 35. Quintonil, Mexico City (Mexico)
- 36. L’Astrance, Paris (France)
- 37. Biko, Mexico City (Mexico)
- 38. Amber, Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
- 39. Quique Dacosta, Denia (Spain)
- 40. Per Se, New York (USA)
- 41. Mani, Sao Paulo (Brazil)
- 42. Tickets, Barcelona (Spain) – NEW ENTRY
- and Boragò, Santiago (Chile) – NEW ENTRY
- 44. Maido, Lima (Peru) – NEW ENTRY
- 45. Relae, Copenhagen (Denmark) – NEW ENTRY and SUSTAINABLE RESTAURANT
- 46. Restaurant André, Singapore (Singapore)
- 47. Alain Ducasse au Plaza Aathénée, Paris (France)
- 48. Schloss Schauenstein, Fürstenau (Switzerland)
- 49. Blue Hill at Stone Barms, Tarrytown (USA) – NEW ENTRY
- 50. The French Laundry, Yountville (USA)
But it doesn’t end at 50! Here is the COMPLETE LIST OF The World’s 50 Best Restaurants from 51 – 100 including DiverXO at nº 59, Martín Berasategui at nº61 and NEW ENTRY Nerua Guggenheim Bilbao at nº 68.
The World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards and List, which is now in its 13th year, is organised and compiled by Restaurant magazine and sponsored by S Pellegrino & Acqua Panna. It is an annual recollection of the opinions and experiences of over 900 international restaurant industry experts and is attended by the world’s finest chefs, international media and the world’s most influential restaurateurs.
Next year, 2016, the World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards Ceremony will be leaving London, where it has been held since its first year, and heading to New York City!!!
Congratulations to our great Spanish Superchefs for their fantastic World rated restaurants and another year in the prestigious list!
If you would like to experience some of the best restaurants Spain has on offer, then something like our Ultimate Gourmet Tour is perfect for sophisticated diners who are looking to experience the best of Spanish cuisine.