A small bar in the Spanish city of San Sebastian may just be home to the World’s Best Cheesecake!!!
We all know that the Basque Country is a gastronomic paradise and San Sebastian is a foodie mecca. Therefore, it’s no surprise that we hear our guests “oooh” and “ahhh” over devilish pintxos and delicious desserts as their journeys take them to the North of Spain.
If you’ve been to San Sebastian, or are dreaming of going, why not try this spectacular, yet simple, cheesecake recipe at home to excite your taste-buds.
Ingredients for La Vina’s Famous Cheesecake Recipe
- Butter, softened, for greasing tin
- 7 whole eggs
- 1kg Philadelphia cream cheese
- 400g castor sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 500ml cream
Method for La Vina’s Famous Cheesecake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Lightly grease a 25cm springform tin with butter.
- Line the bottom and sides of tin with baking paper; allow the paper to come 2-3cm above the edge of the sides.
- Using a pastry brush, grease the paper with softened butter.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix well.
- Using an electric mixer, work cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the beaten eggs slowly; making sure each egg is incorporated into the cheese before adding more.
- Pour in sugar, flour and cream.
- Blend well until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the lined cake tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in the tin before taking out of the tin.
Taste the famous Cheesecake of the Authentic La Viña of San Sebastian on one of our Private Food, Wine and Cultural Tours. Contact us for your personalised itinerary, to include San Sebastian, and you too could be exciting your taste-buds with this creamy delight!