In the run-up to the Worlds 50 Best Restaurants 2018 presentation, June 19th from Bilbao – Spain, the World’s Best Female Chef Award 2018 has now been revealed:
Clare Smyth – UK
Clare trained under world famous chef Gordon Ramsey and became the only female chef in the UK to head a Michelin 3* restaurant.
Now Clare heads fine-dining restaurant Core by Clare Smyth in the Notting Hill area of London, UK and combines her background of French cuisine with her passion for Great Britain’s produce to create a unique and British cuisine.
Previous holders of the World’s Best Female Chef Award:
- 2017 Ana Roš, Hiša Franko – Kobarid, Slovenia
- 2016 Dominique Crenn, Atelier Crenn – San Fransicso, US
- 2015 Hélène Darroze, Restaurant Hélène Darroze – Paris, France & Hélène Darroze at the Connaught – London, England
- 2014 Helena Rizzo, Maní – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- 2013 Nadia Santini, Dal Pescatore – Canneto sull’Oglio, Italy
- 2012 Elena Arzak, Arzak – San Sebastian, Spain
- 2011 Anne-Sophie Pic, Maison Pic – Valence, France