RESULTS ARE IN for the acclaimed Restaurant Magazine’s World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2018
and there’s a NEW NUMBER ONE RESTAURANT!!!
LIVE from Bilbao, Spain and the Foodie Mecca that is the Basque Country, the sixteenth edition of the prestigious awards ceremony for The World’s 50 Best Restaurants has finally been presented.
And Oh! What a Delicious Night!!!!
Congratulations Osteria Francescana and chef Massimo Bottura for regaining the NUMBER ONE spot in The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2018 List!!!
El Celler de Can Roca, Girona – Spain climbs from last year’s 3rd place to the World’s NUMBER 2 RESTAURANT in 2018 and at Nº 3 Mirazur, Menton – France climbs one place from Nº 4 in last year’s list.
Here’s the COMPLETE FULL 1-50 The World’s Best Restaurants 2018 list
- 1.Osteria Francescana (Modena, Italy)
- 2.El Celler De Can Roca (Girona, Spain)
- 3.Mirazur (Menton, France)
4. Eleven Madison Park (New York City)
5. Gaggan (Bangkok, Thailand)
6. Central (Lima, Peru)
7. Maido (Lima, Peru)
8. Arpège (Paris, France)
9. Mugaritz (San Sebastian, Spain)
10. Asador Etxebarri (Atxondo, Spain)
11. Quintonil (Mexico City, Mexico)
12. Blue Hill at Stone Barns (Pocantico Hills, NY)
13. Pujol (Mexico City, Mexico)
14. Steirereck (Vienna, Austria)
15. White Rabbit (Moscow, Russia)
16. Piazza Duomo (Alba, Italy)
17. Den (Tokyo, Japan)
18. Disfrutar (Barcelona, Spain)
19. Geranium (Copenhagen, Denmark)
20. Attica (Melbourne, Australia)
21. Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athenée (Paris, France)
22. Narisawa (Tokyo, Japan)
23. Le Calandre (Rubano, Italy)
24. Ultraviolet by Paul Pairet (Shanghai, China)
25. Cosme (New York, New York)
26. Le Bernardin (New York, New York)
27. Boragó (Santiago, Chile)
28. Odette (Singapore)
29. Alléno Paris au Pavillon Ledoyen (Paris, France)
30. D.O.M. (Sao Paolo, Brazil)
31. Arzak (San Sebastian, Spain)
32. Tickets (Barcelona, Spain)
33. The Clove Club (London, England)
34. Alinea (Chicago, Illinois)
35. Maaemo (Oslo, Norway)
36. Reale (Castel Di Sangro, Italy)
37. Tim Raue (Berlin, Germany)
38. Lyle’s (London, England)
39. Astrid y Gaston (Lima, Peru)
40. Septime (Paris, France)
41. Nihanryori RyuGin (Tokyo, Japan)
42. The Ledbury (London, England)
43. Azurmendi (Larrabetzu, Spain)
44. Mikla (Istanbul, Turkey)
45. Dinner By Heston Blumenthal (London, England)
46. Saison (San Francisco, California)
47. Schloss Schauenstein (Fürstenau, Switzerland)
48. Hisa Franko (Kobarid, Slovenia)
49. Nahm (Bangkok, Thailand)
50. The Test Kitchen (Cape Town, South Africa)
* * * * And remember, there’s more * * * *
Click here -> World’s 50 Best Restaurants 51-100 FULL COMPLETE LIST 2018 including Nerua at No.57, Quique Dacosta at No.68, Martín Berasategui at No.76 and Belcanto at No.75 all staying in the 51-100 list from the previous year.
DiverXO re-enters in 96th place after disappearing from 2017’s list and Elkano and Enigma are 2 NEW ENTRIES for Spain in 77th and 95th place respectively.
Congratulations to all the great Superchefs for their fantastic World rated restaurants :-) and for another year of the prestigious Restaurant Magazine list!
The World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards and List, which is now in its 16th year, is organised and compiled by Restaurant magazine and sponsored by S Pellegrino & Acqua Panna. It is an annual recollection of the opinions and experiences of over 900 international restaurant industry experts and is attended by the world’s finest chefs, international media and the world’s most influential restaurateurs.
After 13 years of being presented in London, the World’s 50 Best Restaurants List Ceremony went on tour! First to New York, then to Melbourne and this year to Bilbao, Spain. Where in the World will the World’s 50 Best Restaurants be presented from in 2019????? We’ll let you know when we find out :-)
UPDATE: The World’s 50 Best Restaurants will be continuing its world tour in 2019 by heading to Singapore for the presentation of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019
We, Gourmand Breaks, have many fine dining opportunities for you all over Spain and / or Portugal. Any of our sample private Gourmand Breaks Private Food, Wine and Cultural Tours gives you the chance of fine dining – contact us for your custom-designed quote!