Michelin Starred Restaurants Portugal
Michelin Date for your diary!!! The Michelin Guide to Spain & Portugal 2016 will be presented on November 25th 2015 from Santiago de Compostela in Spain. Here’s a recap of what happened last year in Portugal:
For 2015, the Michelin Guide to Spain & Portugal added two new Michelin starred restaurants in Portugal to the distinguished list of gastronomic excellence, and promoted another to Michelin two-star status.
For 2015, the “Belcanto” in Lisbon, from the popular chef José Avillez, was promoted to Michelin 2 Star Restaurant status.
Curiously Belcanto is the first restaurant in Lisbon to be distinguished with two Michelin stars and José Avillez is the first Portuguese chef to obtain this honor in Portugal.
New on the Michelin Restaurant list for 2015 is Pedro Lemos, Executive Chef for his namesake restaurant in the Foz do Douro area of Porto, and, São Gabriel in Almancil, Algarve, by Chef Leonel Pereira, regained its Michelin star after a one-year absence.
In total Portugal currently holds 17 Michelin stars by 14 chefs, spread all across the country.
It will be great to see some more Michelin Stars shining in Portugal for 2016 so good luck chefs :-)
All Michelin Starred Restaurants in Portugal 2015 COMPLETE LIST:
Michelin 2 Star Restaurants in Portugal :
– Ocean (Armação de Pêra), Hans Neuner
– Vila Joya (Albufeira), Dieter Koschina
– Belcanto (Lisboa), José Avillez – NEW
Michelin 1 Star Restaurants in Portugal:
– Casa da Calçada (Amarante), Vítor Matos
– Eleven (Lisboa), Joachim Koerper
– Feitoria (Lisboa), João Rodrigues
– Fortaleza do Guincho (Cascais), Vincent Farges
– Henrique Leis (Almancil), Henrique Leis
– Il Gallo d’Oro (Funchal), Benoît Sinthon
– L’And Vineyards (Montemor-o-Novo), Miguel Laffan
– Pedro Lemos (Porto), Pedro Lemos – NEW
– São Gabriel (Almancil), Leonel Pereira – NEW
– Willie’s (Vilamoura), Willie Wurger
– Yeatman (Vila Nova de Gaia), Ricardo Costa
The Spanish Michelin Stars and the FULL LIST of Michelin Starred Restaurants in Spain 2015
Experience Portugal’s growing gastronomy and fantastic wine regions on a Gourmand Breaks Private Food, Wine and Cultural Tour. Portugal is an ever-increasing destination choice with our guests and can easily be combined with Spain for a two-center vacation.