The Michelin Guide for Spain and Portugal 2018 has been presented this evening, and Oh! What a night!!!!!
The Ritz-Carlton Abama Hotel in Guía de Isora, Tenerife, home of the M.B restaurant under the direction of famed chef Martin Berasategui, certainly cooked up a wonderful Michelin starred event that left Spain and Portugal sparkling with Michelin stars once again!!!
There are 2 NEW MICHELIN 3* RESTAURANTS!!!!!! for the Michelin Guide to Spain and Portugal 2018 !!! ABaC and Aponiente join the elite 9 to become 11 Michelin 3* Restaurants in Spain for the Michelin Guide Spain and Portugal 2018.
ABaC restaurant first opened it’s doors in 2000 in the premises of the now Ten’s Tapas Restaurant by Jordi Cruz. ABaC gained its 2nd Michelin for the 2012 Guide and tonight becomes Michelin 3* and joins Martin Berasategui’s “Lasarte” to give the city of Barcelona two Michelin Three Star Restaurants!
Angel León, known as Chef del Mar (Chef of the Sea) gains the 3rd Michelin Star for his restaurant Aponiente, in El Puerto de Santa Maria. Aponiente was awarded its 2nd Michelin Star for the 2015 guide and tonight joins the elite Michelin 3*crew.
With the 2 new additions for 2018 the Michelin Guide Spain and Portugal 2018 offers a TOTAL OF ELEVEN MICHELIN 3 * Restaurants in Spain and Portugal (although all are in Spain)!!
- ABaC, Jordi Cruz (Barcelona)
- Akelare, Pedro Subijana (San Sebastián – Guipúzcoa)
- Aponiente, Angel Leon (El Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz)
- Arzak, Juan Mari and Elena Arzak (San Sebastián – Guipúzcoa)
- Azurmendi, Eneko Atxa (Larrabetzu – Vizcaya)
- DiverXO, David Muñoz (Madrid)
- El Celler de Can Roca, Roca Brothers (Girona)
- Lasarte, Martín Berasategui and Paolo Casagrande (Barcelona)
- Martín Berasategui, Martín Berasategui (Lasarte – Oria – Guipúzcoa)
- Quique Dacosta, Quique Dacosta (Dénia – Alicante)
- Sant Pau, Carme Ruscalleda (Sant Pol de Mar – Barcelona) UPDATE: CLOSED IN October 2018
But, apart from 2 NEW Michelin 3 Starred Restaurants for the Michelin Guide for Spain and Portugal 2018, here’s what else happened:
** 5 NEW Michelin Two Star Restaurants were awarded for the Michelin Guide for Spain and Portugal 2018 (all to Spain):
- Disfrutar, Oriol Castro, Eduard Xatruch and Mateu Casañas (Barcelona)
- Dos Cielos, Sergio and Javier Torres (Barcelona)
- Maralba, Fran Martínez (Almansa, Albacete)
- Coque (Madrid) regains its stars after moving location
- Cabaña Buenavista , Pablo González (El Palmar, Murcia)
* 19 NEW Michelin One Star Restaurants were awarded for the Michelin Guide for Spain and Portugal 2018:
- Alevante, Ángel León (Chiclana de la Frontera/Novo Sancti Petri, Cádiz)
- Bardal, Benito Gómez (Ronda, Málaga)
- Caelis (Barcelona) regains its star after moving location
- Enigma, Albert Adrià (Barcelona)
- Castell Peralada (Peralada, Girona)
- La Candela Restò, Samy Ali Rando (Madrid)
- Cebo, Aurelio Morales (Madrid)
- Amelia, Paulo Airaudo (San Sebastián, Guipúzcoa)
- Eneko, Eneko Atxa (Larrabetzu, Vizcaya)
- Sucede, Miguel Ángel Mayor (Valencia)
- Audrey’s by Rafa Soler (Calpe, Alicante)
- El Rodat, Nazario Cano (Jávea, Alicante)
- Nub, Andrea Bernardi and Fernanda Fuentes (La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
- Trigo, Víctor Martín (Valladolid, Castilla y León)
- Kiro Sushi, Félix Jiménez (Logroño, La Rioja)
- La Bicicleta, Eduardo Quintana (Hoznayo, Cantabria)
- El Doncel, Enrique Pérez (Sigüenza, Castilla-La Mancha)
- Restaurante Gusto, Almancil
- Vista, Praia da Rocha (Portimão)
Congratulations to all the wonderful chefs in Spain and Portugal for yet another special Michelin year :-)
Experience Michelin starred Restaurant dining opportunities in Spain and Portugal on one of our Private Gourmet and Culinary Tours. Contact us for your personal quote.